Write to your MP asking them to support Caroline Lucas’s Climate and Ecological Emergency (CEE) bill
If you are in favour of Caroline Lucas’s Climate and Ecological Emergency (CEE) bill, why not write a letter to your local MP asking them to support it?
There’s a pro forma letter/email template available if you would like to use one.
Friday 10 September 2021 is when the bill will get its second reading but it should be at the front of MPs’ minds by the end of the month.
Some cross-party supporters include:
- Barry Gardiner MP (Labour) — former Shadow Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change
- Alan Brown MP (SNP) — Shadow Minister for Energy and Climate Change
- Ed Davey (Lib Dem) — Leader of the Liberal Democrats
- Liz Saville Roberts (PC) — Leader of Plaid Cymru, Westminster
- Claire Hanna (Social Democratic and Labour Party)
- Dr Stephen Farry (Alliance) — Deputy Leader of the Alliance Party
- Clive Lewis (Labour) — former Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Alex Sobel (Labour/Co-op) — Shadow Minister of State for Tourism and Heritage
- Brendan O’Hara (SNP) — Co-Leader of the SNP COP26 Team, Westminster
- Sarah Olney (Lib Dem) — Liberal Democrat Spokesperson for Energy and Climate Change
- Ben Lake (Plaid Cymru) — Plaid Cymru Spokesperson for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
Apply for the Greenwich Carbon Cutting Grant
Participatory Budgeting is a community-led programme, where the community decides where £40,000 should be spent in the community.
Do you have an idea that could help reduce carbon emissions in Greenwich, or empower wider change in the community? The fund will be open to bids this autumn from individuals and community groups with ideas for projects to help cut carbon in Greenwich.